Are you ready to book your adventure? Follow the steps below and start counting down the days until your trip begins!
Reservations and Deposits
- Book online or call ARR at 800.477.7238 to check availability and make a reservation.
- A $400.00 deposit per person is required to book your trip.
- You may pay by check, Visa, Discover, MasterCard, or American Express.
- Trip balances are due 120 days prior to trip departure.
Essential Eligibility Criteria for Rafting Trips
- Trip guests have the responsibility to select a trip appropriate to their abilities and health. If you have any medical and/or mental conditions which may impede your participation in this trip, please consult your physician.
- The minimum physical requirements are outlined below but, the thing to remember is, this is an adventure! The more you put into it, the more you’ll get out of it. We think you’ll enjoy your trip most if you’re in good physical condition. We highly recommend participating in all daily activities, if possible. This includes side hikes, loading and unloading the boats, setting up your own campsite, and getting yourself on and off the boats multiple times each day. The guides will give an assessment of the difficulty level before beginning a side hike so you can choose whether to participate. They’ll also demonstrate how to set up your campsite and explain how to wash your dishes when you’re at the bottom of the Grand Canyon!
- Each participant must:
1. Be 8 years or older for a motorized trip or 12 years or older for an oar-powered trip, and be accompanied by an adult if under the age of 18.
2. Be able to properly wear provided Coast Guard approved personal flotation device.
3. Be able to remain seated and balanced on raft, with the assistance of hand-held straps, through rapids.
4. Be able to board and exit the raft independently or with the assistance of a companion.
5. If on a Partial Canyon trip, be able to hike or otherwise ascend/descend 10 miles on the Bright Angel Trail with a personal backpack containing all personal gear and all food and water for the hike, and be able to properly maintain personal health and hydration levels.
6. Be able to assist in self-rescue in the event of a capsized raft or being thrown from the raft.
7. Be able to comprehend and follow instructions.
8. Be physically and mentally capable of participating in a trip without endangering or negatively impacting the health and safety of other trip participants.
- All reservations can be cancelled for a full refund within 3 days of initial booking.
- Your deposit is refundable, less a $100.00 service charge per person for 2019 guests, and a $200 service charge per person for 2020 guests, if notification is received by Arizona River Runners 120 days or more before departure.
- 119 days to 31 days prior to departure you forfeit the $400 deposit per person.
- Within 30 days of departure you forfeit the full fare.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
- We recommend Travelex Insurance. Get a quote.
- Please confirm transportation is accurate on your invoice before final payment. Transportation change requests within 29 to 10 days of departure are subject to availability and may incur additional fees. Transportation changes cannot be made within 10 days of departure.
National Park Entrance Fee
- National Park entrance fees will be added to all trip fares for guests 16 and older.
Grand Canyon Fund
- An optional $1 per day will be added to all fares and given to the Grand Canyon Fund. This money is used for research and protection of the Grand Canyon as well as groups working to provide access to trips for those with physical and socioeconomic challenges. If you do not wish to contribute to this fund, you may deduct this fee from the total due by calling our office.
- Due to limited availability, the National Park Service has limited use in the popular Lees Ferry to Diamond Creek section of the Colorado River to one recreational river trip per individual each calendar year. Because of this regulation, Arizona River Runners cannot accept a reservation from any individual who has or will participate in any other full or partial canyon commercial or non-commercial river trip within the same calendar year. If you have already completed or have plans to participate in any other Grand Canyon river trip this year and would like to go again, please respect your fellow boaters by waiting until next year or sometime thereafter to book your next trip. Grand Canyon National Park’s one-trip per-year rule is strictly enforced.
- Arizona River Runners reserves the right to use images and photos of river trips/passengers for promotional and commercial purposes.
Acknowledgement of Risk Form
- Please review an example of the Acknowledgement of Risk form that we require all of our guests to sign before participating. You will be able to review this again before signing.
- This service is operated by Arizona River Runners, a concessioner under contract with the U.S. Government and administered by the National Park Service. The concessioner is responsible for conducting these operations in a satisfactory manner. Prices are approved by the National Park Service.
Please address comments to:
Grand Canyon National Park
P.O. Box 129
Grand Canyon, AZ 86023