8 Day Oar
8 days, 7 nights
BeginsSouth Rim Grand Canyon
EndsLas Vegas, NV or South Rim Grand Canyon
River Miles136 river miles from South Rim to Diamond Creek
Minimum Age12 years of age
- A rigorous 8 mile hike along Bright Angel Trail
- An active adventure – be prepared for the physical nature of the trip
- Ground transportation to Las Vegas, NV or the South Rim Grand Canyon on the last day (optional)
- Bus transportation to Peach Springs on Day 8
- 136 river miles on oar rafts
- Experienced river and hiking guides
- Side hikes to scenic vistas, hidden waterfalls, and more
- Two dry bags and a camp chair
- A tent, cot, pillow, sleeping bag, and sheet
- Daily meals prepared in our camp kitchen
- Snacks, water, electrolyte replenishment drinks, sodas
- Arizona River Runners insulated cup
Cost listed above does not include: Lodging before and after your trip, transportation to South Rim prior to trip start, National Park entrance fee, personal travel insurance, and gratuity.
South Rim Option: If you choose to drive to the South Rim on your own, arrive at least one day before your trip.
South Rim Lodging: You will want to stay at the South Rim Village in Grand Canyon National Park the night before you hike in. Lodging should be booked as soon as possible. Reservations in the park open one year in advance and can sell out.
At the river, you will join a group that has been rafting together for several days. These guides and guests are on our longer full canyon trip, and they will help orient you to life on the river when you arrive.
What people say
“I LOVE the Grand Canyon, and the hike down helps put into perspective how deep the Canyon is... The beauty of the canyon walls was ever-changing with each twist and turn of the river. Photos never do it justice, the best way to experience it is in person.”
— Barbara, Phoenix, AZ
“The scenery and the river would be the same with any company. What sets Arizona River Runners apart is of course the Company, but the crew really stands out in my mind. They clearly enjoy what they are doing, and they increased my enjoyment of the experience! I'd travel anywhere with any and all of them! I would like to add that with 29 people sharing the camp, everything went incredibly well, and I met some really terrific people!”
— Ron, Tucson, AZ