9 Day Oar Hiker's Special
9 Days, 8 Nights
BeginsGrand Canyon South Rim
River Miles138 miles
Minimum Age12 years of age
- Ground transportation to Las Vegas or the South Rim on the last day (optional) $100 in 2018 | $105 in 2019
- Bus transportation to Peach Springs on Day 9
- Experienced river and hiking guides
- Two dry bags and a camp chair
- A tent, cot, pillow, sleeping bag and sheet
- Daily meals prepared in our camp kitchen
- Snacks, water, electrolyte replenishment drinks, sodas
- Arizona River Runners insulated cup
Cost listed above does not include: Lodging before and after your trip, transportation to South Rim prior to trip start, National Park entrance fee, and gratuity.
There are two transportation options for this trip. If you choose to fly into Las Vegas, then you will need to arrive two days before the trip in Vegas, then make your way to the South Rim Village the day before your trip. If you choose to drive to the South Rim Village on your own, then plan on arriving one day before your trip.
Meet our hiking guide in the lobby of the Bright Angel Lodge at 5:45 a.m. Hike down the 8 mile (13km) Bright Angel Trail with your pack. This trail is well maintained, but it is all downhill, has about 1 mile of elevation loss, and much of it is in full sun. There are many log steps built into the trail, to help prevent erosion, and many switchbacks. Once you reach the river, repack your bags and board the raft.
Enjoy the cooler weather in the Grand Canyon while you make your way downriver from a grand vista to a clear blue stream or a class 10 rapid! Each night, cozy up under the stars or hang around the campsite with your new found friends.
Take out at Diamond Creek and make you way back to either Las Vegas or the Grand Canyon South Rim Village. Plan to arrive in the afternoon.