9 Day Oar Hiker's Special
9 Days, 8 Nights
BeginsSouth Rim Grand Canyon
EndsLas Vegas, NV or South Rim Grand Canyon
River Miles136 river miles from South Rim to Diamond Creek
Minimum Age12 years of age
- A rigorous 8 mile hike along Bright Angel Trail
- An active adventure – be prepared for the physical nature of the trip
- Ground transportation to Las Vegas or the South Rim on the last day (optional)
- Bus transportation to Peach Springs on Day 9
- 136 river miles in oar rafts
- Experienced river and hiking guides
- Side hikes to scenic vistas, hidden waterfalls, and more
- Two dry bags and a camp chair
- A tent, cot, pillow, sleeping bag, and sheet
- Daily meals prepared in our camp kitchen
- Snacks, water, electrolyte replenishment drinks, sodas
- Arizona River Runners insulated cup
Cost listed above does not include: Lodging before and after your trip, transportation to South Rim prior to trip start, National Park entrance fee, personal travel insurance, and gratuity.
South Rim Option: If you choose to drive to the South Rim on your own, arrive at least one day before your trip.
South Rim Lodging: You will want to stay at the South Rim Village in Grand Canyon National Park the night before you hike in. Lodging should be booked as soon as possible. Reservations in the park open one year in advance and can sell out.
At the river, you will join a group that has been rafting together for several days. These guides and guests are on our longer full canyon trip, and they will help orient you to life on the river when you arrive.
What people say
“The trip did not disappoint. It was more than I expected. I would do it again in a minute and highly recommend ARR for anybody looking for an outdoor adventure. Thanks for a wonderful experience!”
— George, Canon City, CO
“My whole family slept under the stars each night. We would go to sleep with the moon and invariably wake up to more stars than I have ever seen before. It was absolutely breathtaking!! The hikes were the highlight of each day. The Canyon has so many hidden, unexpected sights along the way :)”
— Kim, Huntsville, AL